04 November 2009

Torta di pane, zucca e patate

I've been using my springform pan a lot lately. Tonight I made a 3 layered savory pie: bread stuffing, the last of some roasted pumpkin I had hanging out in the fridge and mashed potatoes. I did write the recipe down, but I don't have it on me so I will post it later. This is a very simple idea, yet I have to admit that I've never made anything like it before. In spite of this being my first effort, it turned out exactly how I wanted it to. I love it when that happens.

It was basically just a layer of stuffing (day old bread, eggs, a splash of milk, chicken stock, celery, onion, garlic), followed by a layer of roasted pumpkin, followed by a layer of mashed potatoes mixed with (a lot of) garlic, olive oil, butter and chicken stock. All of these layers went into the springform pan and I topped the potatoes with a shower of parmigiano.

We ate it with roasted red and yellow peppers, green salad and a little leftover lentil salad that I added chopped tomatoes and jarred balsamic onions to. It would be a REALLY great vegeterian entree for Thanksgiving if you just substituted the chicken stock for vegetable stock.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I'm hungry just reading it. Hope you, Scott, and Gio are doing great. Z

    ReplyDelete