08 October 2009

McDon't!

Behold this freak of nature, the McMacaron. Just one year after the first Starbucks opened very, very close to the Louvre a McDonald's is scheduled to open next month. I just thank god that it will be underground and those dreadful golden arches won't be obstructing the view of that "hideous" glass pyramid.

I suppose I am sleeping with the enemy though, because last week I got an espresso at the McCafé in the train station in Palermo. There was nothing else around and I needed a fix! I just hope I don't find myself underground at the Louvre saying the same thing after I've devoured a royale with cheese.

Also in hamburger news: the bacon cheeseburger minus a bun plus 2 doughnuts known as the "Craz-E Burger" has landed in Massachusetts and is a huge hit. I believe this can quite literally be described as a hot mess. The Daily Telegraph says it hails from a bar in Decatur, Georgia. I'm sure none of us will be surprised when I say that Paula Deen has her own version (pictured at left) that takes it up a notch and adds a fried egg. As if there is a notch above a beef pattie topped with bacon and sandwiched in between 2 doughnuts. Yikes.

I just had a vision of myself wrapped in an American flag standing atop the glass pyramid at the Louvre, a craz-e burger in one hand and a starbucks coffee in the other. Man, I really miss home.

No comments:

Post a Comment